Wednesday, April 14, 2010
On the Art of Letting Go ... Sky Diving Can Be Fun
12 On Appreciating Deeper Processes - On the Art of Letting Go
EXPERIENCE has taught us that the art of letting go requires us to:
• Identify and name the specific upset, problem, or conflict.
• Reflect upon it from our powerful inner lives.
• Talk about it with safe people (note—begin with: “This reminds me of . . .”). Ask those safe people for feedback.
• Name the core issues, talk about them some more, and ask for more feedback.
• Select, if necessary, an appropriate experiential technique. Use the technique to work on specific conflicts and feelings at a deeper level (regression, confrontation, etc.). Talk and write more about it.
• Meditate and pray on the subject (give God a chance to participate).
• Seriously consider, “how might I benefit from this entire experience of facing my demons?”
• If you still feel incomplete, repeat any or all of the above.
• Then, when you feel ready - let go! Skydiving can be fun.
Skydiving Can Be Fun
The emphasis is on
NDT: extracted from Experience Has Taught Us -- 175 Missing Pieces ... Bright Star Press ... available on Amazon.com ...