Sunday, April 18, 2010

Dignity Of Daring



Only to the extent that man exposes himself over and over again to annihilation, can that which is indestructible arise within him.

In this lies the Dignity of Daring…

Only if we venture repeatedly through zones of annihilation can our contact with the Divine Being, which is beyond annihilation, become firm and stable.

The more a man learns to confront wholeheartedly the world which threatens him, the more the depths of the Groundwork of Being Human are revealed to him and the possibilities of new life open for him.


The Only Way Out Is Through
Simple,
Just Hard To Do

5 comments:

  1. So is it really annihilation or just that we are afraid of annihilation? I don't think annihilation is really possible - no matter what happens we walk with God - alive, dead, its all the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fear does have interesting qualities now doesn't it ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. coming to terms with the world and indeed our place our role in this world our very reason for being are key to letting go and being a peace a life without the fear a life outside of the shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I see the word annihilate it reminds me of the Holocaust. I see in the dictionary that annihilation means "to vanish or cease to exist". I can recognize that coming out of denial has exposed me to show my vulnerabilities. In turn, living life on life's terms (Neil, I think you spoke this line often?) Anyways, I guess "Dignity" is all about the willingness to be "Daring?" Our true self appears before all!!

    S.B.

    ReplyDelete