Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Short Lesson in Life

There was a time in my life when the business of my “Terrible Dailyness” was nearly unbearable ... my problem was life didn't stop coming at me but I had run out of tools ...

I am sure there are many who can relate to this ...

David B, a very near and dear friend at the time, told me very bluntly that he loved me dearly but his plate was full so ... What he was telling me was he did not have the capacity to listen to me any longer ... I was locked into a cycle of The Art of the Fine Whine ... and for anyone who has ever had to listen to this, its not a pleasant thing ... it ... the pain of it all is over whelming for all concerned ...

It
held me tightly in it's grasp ...

Now David had pointed this out to me in 1979, I'm a slow learner I guess, but it was now the mid 1990"s and the pain fianlly moved me to begin the journey of turning inward ... the meditative experience of The Door prompted me too and I was journaling ... A Prayer For All Seasons actually surfaced in my writing ... and for me that prayer had passion, a deep, deep passion ... so I prayed it and prayed it ...

If this was it ... I was giving it all I got ...

I was serious ... I wanted out of this mess I was in ... and slowly my life started to move in different directions ... not one direction but several and different from my Normal ... Normal is what I depend on just to get by with in my dealings with my day to dayness ... but, as I was to discover ... it is not necessarily what was/is healthy and or good for me ... there was a discovery locked away in there for me ... It took awhile to notice that one but I did ... As I was learning, My Best Thinking Was Not My Best Friend ...

No Miraculous Instant cures just yet ... just a new direction to go exploring in ... finally there was a hint on a way to go ...

NDT ...

No comments:

Post a Comment