Sunday, October 17, 2010

Change Real Change



Change real change comes from the inside out ...

It does not come from hacking at the leaves and windmills of our imagined reality ... It comes from facing the reality of our life and its problems and pains ...

It comes from facing our dilemmas square on together ... sorting through them and making a life’s course by doing so ... then going after it with reckless abandon.

Ask yourself:

• What do I really want from my life?

• What am I doing to actually have what I say I want?

• What is working for me? What Isn’t?

• What is a better plan that I can do to achieve what I want?

Then Know this :

When we extend ourselves, our self enters new and unfamiliar territory ... The experience of change, of unaccustomed activity, of being on unfamiliar ground, of doing things differently is frightening ... Courage is not the absence of fear. It is the making of an action in spite of the fear, the moving out against the resistance engendered by fear into the unknown and into the future. On some level spiritual growth, and therefore love, always requires courage and involves risk. It is (in coupling) the risk of love that we will now consider.  M Scott Peck ... Road Less Travelled



No comments:

Post a Comment