Wednesday, July 30, 2014
By understanding the drives for SURVIVAL, POWER, LOVE, BELONGING, FREEDOM, and FUN in people, we become more conscious of the need for our world to be a Quality World of our choosing.
The Eleven Axioms of Choice Theory
1. The only person whose behaviour we can control is our own.
2. All we can give another person is information
3. All long-lasting psychological problems are relationship problems.
4. The problem relationship is always part of our present life.
5. What happened in the past has everything to do with what we are today, but we can only satisfy our basic needs right now and plan to continue satisfying them in the future.
6. We can only satisfy our needs by satisfying the pictures in our Quality World.
7. All we do is “behave”.
8. All Behaviours are Total Behaviours and are made up of four components: Acting, Thinking, Feeling and Physiology.
9. All TOTAL Behaviours are chosen, but we only have direct control over the acting and thinking components.
10. We can only control our feeling and physiology indirectly through how we choose to act and think.
11. All TOTAL Behaviour is designated by verbs and named by the part that is the most recognizable.