Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Check List “B”
What Is It That I Do
That Keeps Me Stuck In The Rut
That I Say I Want Out Of
Check List “B”
The Compliance Patterns
• I assume responsibility for other’s feelings and behaviours.
• I feel guilty about other people’s feelings and behaviours.
• I have difficulty identifying what I am actually feeling.
• I am afraid of my anger. But sometimes it erupts from me in Rage.
• I worry about how others may respond to my feelings, my opinions and/or my behaviour.
• I have difficulty making decisions.
• I minimize my feelings or my circumstances so I can alter, or deny how I truly feel.
• I am very sensitive to how others are feeling and I can feel their feelings and sometimes I take on their feelings as my own.
• I am afraid to express differing opinions or feelings.
• I value the opinions of others and their feelings over my own.
• I put the needs of others before mine.
• I am embarrassed to receive recognition and praise or gifts.
• I judge everything that I think, say or do very harshly, and nothing is really good enough. I am a perfectionist.
• I am extremely loyal, to a fault. I will stay in situations far too long and often I am hurt because I do.
• I would never really consider asking others for help, or to have my needs met.
• I consider myself as a lovable and a worthwhile person.
• I compromise my own values and my integrity to avoid rejection or someone else’s anger or perceived rage.