Wednesday, May 9, 2012
Making a Switch
To make the switch from indirectness to directness you need to replace the negative self talk that governs your life and replace it with self talk that will support you in asking for what you want. The most important aspects to come to terms with are:
1. It is important to ask for what you want. You can ask ... you may be refused ... and no one has to comply ... but it is important that you ask.
2. Who you are is ok. You are not fractured and broken ... Perfect, Up Right and Beautiful ... is what you are ... You have to accept that and ... know it ... as you proceed through each day of your life.
3. Your feeling and thoughts are ok ... they are your God Given Right to think and feel how you do. Your feelings are always a true response to life and how you think ... sometimes, because of life and its circumstances, how we think about things is skewed ... but that can be fixed ... your feelings are telling you the truth about what you are thinking and how you are seeing ... Your interpretation of life ... if you recognize that as a truth and then if you notice that your life is not a very uncomfortable place to be, and it does not seem to be the same for most everyone else ... You can now do something about it ... there is no need to dig the hole deeper ... you can change how you are looking..
4. It is acceptable to talk about you, your problems, your life, your circumstances ... it is an absolute necessity that we share who we are with others ... not everyone ... that’s why we got dropped off in a place with 7 or so billion other souls ... to practice sharing ... With, We and Us
5. Your opinion counts ... what you have to contribute may not be much but don’t ever not contribute because what you have to say might just be the missing piece that we all need.
6. There will be times when you need to say no and it is ok to do so ... it is ok to say no ... or I don’t know ... You're allowed to not know and say no ... that is a basic human right ...
7. Telling the truth ... not what you think they want to hear, just the truth ... that will set you free ... the truth has a knack for standing up all by itself ... it doesn’t need your support all it needs to be is true...
Know this: Once you create beliefs that support these concepts asking for what you want, doing it will become much easier.